How To Create And Use Instagram Avatar
There have been a lot of talks about the metaverse ever since Facebook renamed itself Meta. The latest feature that Meta has released is the Instagram Avatar. You’ll be familiar with the concept if you have ever used Apple’s Memoji or Snapchat’s Bitmoji before. For those of you who haven’t, Instagram Avatar is nothing but a digital representation of you in the form of an avatar. You can play around with it by customizing it as per your preferences such as outfits, poses and more. It is available for all of Meta’s platforms- Facebook, Instagram and Messenger. Instagram Avatar is deemed to be the very first step toward the Metaverse universe. If you want to know how to create and use Instagram Avatar, you’ve come to the right place.
How to Create Your Own Instagram Avatar
This step-by-step guide on how to create your own Instagram Avatar is very simple and lets you use it right away. Check out the simple steps below:
- Open Instagram on your phone and tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the menu icon on the top right corner (the one which looks like three horizontal lines).
- Go to Settings->Account->Avatar.
- In the next step, tap on “Get Started” to begin the process of setting up your Meta Avatar.
- Now, it’s time to get creative! You can edit every little detail of your avatars such as hairstyle, face shape, facial hair, eye colour, skin tone and much more. It even allows you to put on accessories such as piercings, glasses and headphones.
- After you have finished perfecting your Meta Avatar, click on “Done” at the top right corner followed by “Save Changes”. Your avatar will now be saved on all three Meta platforms.
It is ready to go and to be used on these social media platforms; even in the form of your profile picture. So, let’s find out how to use your Instagram Avatar after creating it.
How To Use Instagram Avatars
Your avatars can mostly be used in two places- stories and DMs. So, let’s pick one each and learn how to go about using it-
For Instagram Stories
- On the story page, click the stickers icon on the top right or swipe up to access the sticker screen. A new sticker will appear which says “Avatar”.
- Tap on it and a new screen full of your pre-generated avatars will show up. You can use any of it by just tapping.
For Instagram DMs
- In the DM screen, tap on the sticker icon located at the bottom right corner. From the list of stickers available, click on the one that says “Avatar”.
- From the list of pre-generated options available, you can tap on any of the avatars and it will be sent immediately.
So, that’s pretty much it on how to create and use Instagram Avatars for all the Meta-owned platforms- Facebook, Messenger and of course, Instagram. We might soon witness this feature on WhatsApp too considering it comes from the same parent company. The move to the meta-verse is getting closer by the day and netizens could not be more excited! The Instagram Avatar is a fun start to the journey; so much so that users are excited to even use it on non-Meta platforms too.
That’s it for this one. For more such interesting articles, don’t forget to check out TechBurner!