MIUI is the custom skin for Xiaomi devices, based on Android OS. MIUI is pretty much good, and people love it because of its customizability. MIUI 12 was recently released with significant improvements over animations and speed. The new software made it more smooth, convenient, and user friendly. Poco M2 Pro has recently started to receive the MIUI 12 update via OTA. However, there are still some devices which have not received the update via OTA. In this article, we will discuss how to download MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro step by step, without any failures. We will also discuss how you can update to MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro via Recovery Mode. So without any further ado, let’s head into the article.
MIUI 12 Features
MIUI 12 has a lot of easter eggs to explore. It is now better optimised and animated. It comes with the tagline of “Chase Your Dreams“. One of the significant change is the Super Wallpapers that create a seamless animation from the lock screen to the home screen whenever you unlock your device. Mi has created its mechanism for rendering those animations.
Moreover, each and every button animates when we click on them. MIUI has also improved in the privacy section. It has Secure Sharing, which Mi claims it to be certified by the world’s leading experts. Now you can even expand messages from notifications and the turn it to the floating window for multi-tasking. Turning the screen off is now possible when casting the screen to another device, which will help in saving your battery life.
Must Read | MIUI 13 Leaks: Checkout MIUI 13 Features
MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro
Poco M2 Pro has reportedly now started to receive the MIUI 12 update via OTA. Users have reported by sharing the screenshot and showing that the OTA rollout for MIUI 12 is started. Along with MIUI 12, the update brings September 2020 Android security patch. The listed firmware version number is MIUI V18.104.22.168.QJPINXM. The size of the latest MIUI 12 update for Poco M2 Pro users is of about 692MB via OTA. Whereas, the Recovery ROM is of 2.20GB, which you can download via OTA. The MIUI 12 update is based on Android 10 and brings the features to Poco M2 Pro.
How to Download MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro?
MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro is released via OTA, and it is the phased rollout so that everyone will be getting it. You have two ways to download the latest firmware on your Poco M2 Pro:
Method 1 – via OTA:
- Go to Settings -> Software Update -> Check Updates, if available then download and install that update.
- It will be installed and automatically restart your device.
Note: The updates are rolling out in batches, and it will take a few days to reach all the users.
Method 2 – via Recovery ROM:
- Click on the link below to download MIUI 12 recovery from for Poco M2 Pro.
- Rename the Filename to “update.zip“.
- Now move the Zip file to root/sdcard/ (basically in the Internal Storage, not inside any folder).
- You are done! Now you can Install MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro.
How to Install MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro?
See, Installing the MIUI 12 via OTA is pretty easy. You will have to follow the steps provided on the screen. However, to Install MIUI 12 Recovery ROM, there is some catch. Here is the procedure below to do it efficiently:
- Turn off your Device by Holding the power key.
- Now, hold the Volume Up and Power Button together until you get a Haptic Feedback.
- Now, keep the Volume Up Button presses until the Poco M2 Pro Recovery Mode comes on screen.
- You will see an option to Install update.zip to System.
- Move to that with Volume Down and press the Power button for entering.
- Now press Yes and wait for the update to complete.
- After the update is complete, press Back and restart the device.
- Voila! You can now enjoy MIUI 12 on Poco M2 Pro.
That’s it guys for this post, keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates.