For those of you who use Discord, you must have noticed at some point that certain members on any server have a crown icon next to their names, right? What’s so special and why do they have this unique symbol? And hey, you might just have one too if you’ve ever created a Discord server. The crown icon simply denotes who is the owner of that particular server. It’s a handy option in case you’re looking out to reach the server owner for any issue. Some might also wear it as a badge of honour to flaunt that it’s their own discord server. But, everyone’s priorities are different and some people might just want to remove the crown icon on Discord altogether. If you’re one of them and do not want to have the crown icon shown next to your profile just because you created that server, follow the steps and remove the crown icon on Discord permanently.
Remove The Crown Icon On Discord (For PC)
- Open the Discord app on your PC or log into your account from the web version. Click on your server which should appear in the top-left corner and from the dropdown list that follows, click on “Server Settings”.
- Head over to the Roles tab which will be somewhere on the left-side pane and click on “Create Role” in order to create a new role.
- Now, you have to set a name for the new role you just created. Let’s set it to admin in our example since this new role will have some exclusive admin privileges.
- Next, scroll down and enable the toggle next to “Display role members separately from online members”.
- Go to the Permissions tab up next and turn on the “Administrator” toggle. Make sure to not skip this step since it will give you exclusive admin privileges and not to anyone else.
- If you’re lucky, this shall do the trick for you. But in some cases, if it doesn’t work, here’s what you can do next.
- Click on your own username from the right side menu and then on the “+” sign under “No Roles”.
- From the list of roles available, you can select admin, the one you just created. Post this, you have successfully removed the crown icon on Discord next to your username.
Remove The Crown Icon On Discord (Android & iOS)
- Open the Discord app on your smartphone and tap on the three dots menu next to your server’s name. From the pop-up menu that appears, tap on “Settings”.
- Under the header “User Management”, tap on “Roles” and then press the blue “+” icon on the bottom left corner in order to create a new role.
- Name your new role and as you did for PC, enable the toggle next to “Display role members separately from online members”. Don’t forget to press the Save icon to apply the changes.
- Scroll further down till you reach the header “Advanced Permissions.” Under this, enable the toggle next to “Administrator” in order to allow admin rights to the new role you just created.
- Now, tap on your name from Discord’s side menu and go to “Manage User”.
- Assign yourself the new role of admin that you just created. This is how you can remove the crown icon on Discord from appearing next to your username. If you are unable to see the change, close the Discord app and open it again.
So, that’s it for this one. We hope you found it helpful. For more such useful tech content, don’t forget to check out TechBurner!