Picture-in-Picture mode is a handy function that is incorporated into most browsers by default. But, like us, I’m sure even you watch most of your videos on YouTube mobile app, right? Unfortunately, you can’t watch YouTube in PiP mode without a Premium subscription. But, there are some workarounds to it. With the methods discussed in this article, you can watch YouTube videos in Picture-in-Picture mode without Premium everywhere; be it Android, iOS or your Windows laptop. All the methods are completely free and secure so you need not worry about any of that. So, without any further ado, let’s break down each method into a step-by-step guide and learn how to watch YouTube in Picture-in-Picture mode without Premium.
Watch YouTube In PiP Mode Without Premium On Android Devices
If you wish to watch YouTube in PiP mode without Premium on an Android device such as a smartphone or tablet; all you need to do is install the VLC player app from the Google Play Store for free. Here’s how you can go about the process-
- Play any video on the YouTube app that you wish to view in PiP mode.
- Tap on the Share button below and from the list of options available select Play With VLC.
- That particular video will now start playing in the VLC Player app. Tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, select the option of Pop-Up Player.
- Your video will now start playing in PiP mode and you can use your phone in the background seamlessly.
Watch YouTube in PiP Mode Without Premium On iOS Devices
For Apple fans using iPhone or iPad, you can also watch YouTube in PiP Mode without Premium via the Safari browser. So, here’s a simple three-step guide on how to play YouTube videos in Picture-in-Picture mode without a Premium subscription for iOS users-
- Open YouTube on the Safari browser and sign in to the terms of service. Now, play any video that you would like to view in PiP mode.
- Enable the full-screen mode. This step is an important one since without enabling the full-screen mode, the PiP trick won’t work.
- Now, swipe up or press the home button (depending upon which iOS device you’re using) in order to directly exit Safari while the video is still playing in full-screen mode. Upon doing this, the video will now continue to play in PiP mode.
Watch YouTube in PiP Mode Without Premium On PC
If you wish to watch YouTube videos in PiP mode on PC without a Premium subscription then you can easily do so via any native Chromium-based browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Brave, etc.
- Play any YouTube video you wish to view in PiP mode.
- Right-click on the video to open its context menu. The context menu that will show up will not have the PiP option.
- But, hover over the video again and right-click on it again. This time, the browser’s context menu will open up which should have the option of Picture-in-Picture.
- Click on it and the video will start playing in PiP mode while you can enjoy doing other background tasks.
So, these were some methods on how to play YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode on Android, iOS and PC without having access to YouTube Premium subscription.
If you enjoyed this article then make sure to check out our full website!