If you ain’t living under a rock, you know that the new iPhone 11 series is here. Yesterday, Apple launched 3 devices in the launch as iPhone 11(kind of iPhone XR-2), iPhone 11 Pro(cause Samsung, Oneplus are using Pro), iPhone 11 Pro Max(larger brother). However, here we’ll talk about Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications in details. Here, we’ll see every nitty-gritty details of the finest tech in the Apple smartphone industry. This isn’t any review or first impressions. On the other hand, this is all about pure technical specifications in details with a few touches of what’s new.
Table of Content
- 1 Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications:
- 2 Follow Techburner Team in our Social Media Handles:
Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications:
I really really really have no idea why Apple writes Product Red like that in the Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications, but it is, what it is.
It is quite compact as compared to the other 2 models launched. However, this isn’t some feather. The weight at 194grams is a good heft, although, with Oneplus 7 Pro being over 200grams and successful, I feel like people won’t face much of an issue.
- Height: 150.9mm (5.94inches)
- Width: 75.7 mm (2.98 inches)
- Depth: 8.3 mm (0.33 inches)
- Weight: 194 grams (6.84 ounces)
Undoubtedly, no specification will mention the bezel size. As you already know from the images, those are significantly huge going by 2019 standards. The Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications for the display is:
- Liquid Retina HD display ( Yes it is 720p as per Apple iPhone 11 Technical Specifications)
- 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all-screen IPS LCD. Typically, it is 6.06 without considering the rounded corners. The actual screen will be less.
- 1792×828‑pixel resolution at 326 PPI
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- Haptic Feedback
- 625 nits max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint‑resistant oleophobic coating
As per Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications, it is IP68 water-proof. Consult this to know more about the certification.
iPhone 11 has the latest Apple A13 Bionic chip which is by far better than any flagship Snapdragon counterpart. However, Apple isn’t very flexible about revealing the exact specifications of the processors. Even though, we know that it is based on 7nm technology. and has 18cores cumulatively. It has a 6 core CPU, 4 core GPU, and 8 core neural engine.
iPhones were always popular because of the cameras until Pixel shattered everything. Even though, the cameras of iPhones give tough competition to any other brands. The Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications for optics are as follows:
- Dual 12MP f/1.8+12MP f/2.4 Ultra-Wide(120° field of view) and Wide Rear+12MP f/2.2 Front Camera
- 2x optical zoom with support up to 5x digital zoom
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono) as before.
- Optical image stabilization (Wide)
- Brighter True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Night mode ( Finally in iOS!)
- Next-generation Smart HDR, Burst mode, Photo geotagging
- Image formats supported: HEIF and JPEG
iPhones are popular for video recording capabilities. In the 2018 segment, iPhone XS Max was the best in mobile video recording, period. With the Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications, they would like to keep on the legacy.
- 4K video recording at 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Extended dynamic range for video up to 60 fps
- Optical image stabilization for video (Wide)
- 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 3x
- Audio zoom (Something like Samsung Galaxy Note 10)
- Brighter True Tone flash
- QuickTake video with subject tracking
- Slow-motion video support for 1080p at 240 fps
- Time-lapse video with stabilization
- Cinematic video stabilization (4K)
- Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video
- Video formats recorded: HEVC and H.264
Enabled by TrueDepth camera(Apple’s way of saying the front camera) for facial recognition.
Cellular and Wireless for All models:
- Gigabit-class LTE with 2×2 MIMO and LAA
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Ultra-Wideband chip for spatial awareness
- NFC with reader mode
- Express Cards with a power reserve
- Built-in GPS/GNSS
- Digital compass
- iBeacon micro-location
- Audio formats supported: AAC‑LC, HE‑AAC, HE‑AAC v2, Protected AAC, MP3, Linear PCM, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital (AC‑3), Dolby Digital Plus (E‑AC‑3), Dolby Atmos and Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
- Spatial audio playback
- User‑configurable maximum volume limit
- Video formats supported: HEVC, H.264, MPEG‑4 Part 2 and Motion JPEG
- Supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 content
- AirPlay Mirroring, photos and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
- Video mirroring and video out support: up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately, obviously)
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders and more
- Get intelligent suggestions on your Lock screen and in Messages, Mail, QuickType and more
- Activate hands‑free with only your voice using “Hey Siri”
- Use your voice to run shortcuts from your favorite apps
Power and Battery:
As usual, there isn’t any proper mention of the rating of the battery in the Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications. Like always, it says that the battery of iPhone 11 lasts up to 1 hour longer than iPhone XR.
- Video playback: Up to 17 hours
- Video playback (streamed): Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 65 hours
- Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 18W adapter or higher (sold separately, again, obviously)
- Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers)
In the history of Apple, this is an area where Apple never fell short. Unlike Samsung midranges before 2019 which were a joke considering the number of sensors. 2019 isn’t an exception, so all necessary sensors are present in the Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications.
- Face ID
- Three‑axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
iOS13 out-of-the-box support. Some of the iOS13 latest features included a system-wide dark mode, gesture typing in the keyboard, etc.
What do you think of the Apple iPhone 11 technical specifications? Where did Apple fell short? Will this device hold up the legacy of iPhones?