Undoubtedly, Instagram is now one of the most popular social media platforms. Despite the fact that there are other platforms available nowadays with the same features, we choose to use Instagram. It offers more functionality and communication opportunities than other sites. To make the platform more enjoyable, Instagram has launched a new feature update that will be extremely beneficial to regular users. In this Instagram pin posts update, you may now pin up to three posts including photos and videos to the top of your profile grid. Other social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp, already have this feature. Instagram pin posts will always stay at the top of your profile grid even if you share fresh posts later. Thus, you can pin your favorite or most-liked Instagram picture or video. In this post, we will tell you how to pin posts on Instagram.
How To Pin Posts On Instagram
The new Instagram pin posts update is currently available on both Android and iOS versions of Instagram. They have rolled out the update for all so you can also test it out right now. In the next section, you will get to know how to pin posts on Instagram for Android.
Steps To Pin Posts On Instagram For Android
Before you go further, you must first upgrade the Instagram app so that you get the Instagram pin posts update. Read below the steps to update your Instagram app and pin your favorite photos to your profile.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for the Instagram app. Then tap on the Update button to download the latest version of the Instagram app for Android.
- After the successful installation, open the Instagram app. Tap on your profile image from the menu below.
- This will take you to your Instagram profile page. You must now choose the post that you wish to pin.
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner on the post as shown below.
- Select Pin to your Profile from the drop-down menu that opens.
And that’s all you need to do. The post will be pinned to the top of your profile as a result of this action. You can use this Instagram pin posts feature on three posts in a row.
Steps To Unpin Posts From Your Instagram Profile
If you want to replace any pinned post, you can unpin it and pin another post instead. In the next section, you will get the procedures you need to follow if you want to unpin a specific post. On Android, here’s how to unpin posts from your Instagram profile.
- Open the Instagram app and select your profile photo as before.
- Tap the post you wish to unpin on your profile page. Next, select the three dots in the top-right corner of the post.
- Choose the Unpin from your Profile option from the drop-down menu.
And you are done unpinning the post. If you can’t locate this new function on your profile, go to the Play Store and update your Instagram app.
So, that’s all for today. For more updates, follow TechBurner!