Amazon always comes up with great deals and discounts. This time Amazon is offering a great deal for students. The offer is known as Amazon Prime Student Discount in the US and UK. In India, you will get student discount offer on Amazon Prime as the Youth Offer. Amazing, right? In this post, we will go through the steps on how to get student discount on Amazon Prime in 2022 and take advantage of its unique deals.
Student Discount on Amazon Prime is one of Amazon’s most generous programs. It contains a slew of perks that make it well worth considering. You’ll discover that your student membership provides additional savings and privileges not accessible to non-students. Before we get into a detailed discussion on how to get student discount on Amazon Prime, let’s see what exactly an Amazon Prime Student account is. So, without any further ado, let’s get started!
What is Amazon Prime Student Account and Youth Offer?
Amazon Prime Student is a specialized Amazon Prime subscription for college students. Amazon Prime Student membership is available in the United States and the United Kingdom. You will need a student email and active enrollment in college to avail of this offer.
In India, Amazon is providing the Youth Offer for customers between 18 to 24 years old. For this, you don’t necessarily have to be a student but must verify your age. Both offers provide you with almost the same benefits and perks of Prime membership.
Students, like normal subscribers, can terminate their Prime subscription at any time. However, the Youth membership will expire once you become 24 years old automatically after the end of your ongoing membership period.
How to Get Student Discount On Amazon Prime?
If you are a legitimate applicant, signing up for membership at the Amazon Prime student discount is not difficult. Before applying, please ensure that you match the qualifying criteria (we will outline the eligibility criteria in the next section). Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the browser on your computer and then open the Amazon Prime Student sign-up page for your location.
- Now, select the “Try Prime Student” option for the US and UK locations.
- For India, you need to download the Amazon app on your phone.
- Then sign up or log in giving your Amazon account credentials.
- Here search for Amazon Prime Student discount.
- On the results page, you will see a banner for Youth offer. Tap on it
3. After that, you will be redirected to a new page. From here you need to log in again with your Amazon account to join Prime membership.
4. Now, enter your “.edu” email address (your school or college email) and the year you’ll graduate. Amazon uses this to calculate when your Amazon Prime Student subscription will expire.
- For Indian users, after logging in again, there will be the main offer page. Right now, you can see two offers. One is the yearly subscription and another is the monthly subscription option.
- Tap on the Join Prime button as per your preference. It will redirect you to the payment page. For the yearly subscription, you can pay through any electronic method. For the monthly subscription, you need debit/credit card details for payment.
- Now, pay for your Prime membership and get a 50% student discount on Amazon Prime.
5. A confirmation email will be issued to the student email address you provided. From there, you can then finish the registration process.
- The Student discount on Amazon Prime in the United Kingdom is a little more complicated. You must provide your school email address, estimated graduation month and year, academic level, field of study, and payment method details.
- After that, you’ll need to validate your academic email address. When you tick this box, your six-month free trial will begin.
Bonus Offer for Indian Youngsters:
After you pay for the student discount offer on Amazon Prime, you are required to verify your age. The validity is for 15 days. Submit your identity proof along with a recently clicked selfie. Upon successful age verification, you will get a bonus. Amazon will give you Amazon Pay cashback worth Rs. 750.
Steps To Switch from Amazon Prime to Prime Student
You are eligible for the student discount on Amazon Prime if you already have paid Amazon Prime membership and are studying in college. To upgrade your membership do this:
- Open the browser on your computer and visit the amazon.com/joinstudent page. Now complete the Prime Student sign-up procedure. This is your regular membership to Prime Student.
Note: You do not have to cancel your previous membership before enrolling in Prime Student. Amazon will compensate the amount you paid on your Prime renewal date as you successfully register for the student discount offer on Amazon Prime. Or they will send a refund if benefits were used only after you have been verified as a student.
Now that we know how to avail of the Youth Offer on Amazon Prime, let’s discuss the benefits you will get.
Benefits of Amazon Prime Youth Offer
The student discount on Amazon Prime in India offers you the regular Prime subscription at a flat 50% discount. Before that, there will be a six-month free trial instead of 30 days. The only problem is that after the end of that period, you can’t share your account with anybody else.
This discount is only available for 18-24 years old customers or until you graduate. You can enjoy practically all of Prime’s benefits for less money.
In the United States, Prime Student features include free next-day or two-day delivery on over 100 million products (no minimum order size). You can stream unlimited movies and TV shows, and get unlimited photo storage on Prime Photos. Also, read all your favorite books on your devices via Prime Reading.
You also have access to Prime Gaming and get free gaming content on Twitch. tv. The offer also includes a free Twitch channel subscription during your free trial period.
The student discount offer on Amazon prime also contains exclusive discounts and promotions. You can find out about them via email notifications. The best part is that members will be given first access to Amazon Lightning Discounts. It means you’ll get the greatest deals 30 minutes before non-members.
Besides entertainment, the student discount on Amazon Prime subscription comes with numerous additional benefits for study. Amazon has introduced numerous appealing student-only discounts for meal delivery, relaxation items, travel, and homework assistance:
- Free GrubHub+ Student membership (regularly $9.99 per month). It provides free unlimited meal delivery (off-campus orders over $12) and 10% off pickup orders.
- Calm is free for three months (usually a seven-day trial). After that, you can renew at $8.99 per year for unlimited access to music, sleep tales, and other relaxation techniques (regularly $69.99 per year).
- Course Hero is free for one month. Renewal at $9.95 a month for 24/7 homework help and study guides (regularly $39.95 per month).
- StudentUniverse offers up to 10% off already-discounted flights and accommodations. You will also get free premium customer service with every purchase(a $7.95 value).
- Release-date delivery: Pre-order a qualifying book, movie, or video game and you’ll have it the day it reaches the nearest store.
- Free two months of Kindle Unlimited (normally 30 days free)
- Up to 90% off college textbooks. You can exchange it for an Amazon Gift Card.
- 6 months free on LinkedIn premium
Note: The abovementioned offers are applicable for US and UK customers only
Subscription Fee of Amazon Prime Student Account
You can avail of the full Prime membership at half price from the student discount on Amazon Prime. Just pay Rs. 1499 for a year in India. In the US and UK, after the trial period, you will be charged a reduced monthly fee of $7.49 instead of $12.99 per month, or yearly $69 (before $139 per year).
If you are not currently a Prime member in the US or the UK or India, join up for a generous six-month free trial of Amazon Prime Student. Also, you’re saving half the price of a standard Prime subscription along with unlimited benefits.
Memberships will be automatically renewed at the full Amazon Prime price of $139 per year at that time. Amazon will send you an email a few weeks before this takes effect. So, you may know when you’ll be charged and can cancel if you don’t want to continue. Members of Amazon Prime Student can terminate their subscription at any time. If you cancel but change your mind, you may always reactivate your subscription.
Eligibility Criteria To Join Amazon Prime Student in the US & UK
- Have an Amazon account.
- Actively enrolled in at least one college or university class. Your school must be located in one of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- A valid .edu email address to verify that you are a student.
- Evidence proving that you are enrolled in college
With a few significant exceptions, Amazon UK offers comparable conditions for joining student discount on Amazon Prime:
- Have an Amazon.co.uk account.
- You must also be at least 18 years old.
- Enrollment at a higher education institution in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland. (Enrollment evidence)
- An email address ending with .ac.uk or.edu.ie.
What if you don’t have a .edu or .ac.uk email address?
- Produce enrollment evidence at a qualifying institution or college in one of the 50 states or Washington, D.C.
- Send them for verification to [email protected] to get student discount on Amazon Prime. Include a scan or photo of one of the following:
- Valid Student ID with the expiry date
- Recent bill regarding college fees
- Class list with your name
- Acceptance letter for next year
So, that’s all for today. For more updates, follow TechBurner!