In the second wave of COVID-19, India is facing the world’s largest surge in Coronavirus cases. More than 3.46 Lakh new cases were recorded on April 23. According to scientists, our country will face a peak of COVID-19 cases in mid-May. Now, it is highly recommended to get vaccinated as vaccination will allow our body to recognise the virus sooner than our normal system. This will lower the effect even if the virus enters our body. Recently, the government has announced that people over the age of 18 years will be eligible to get vaccinated from May 1. We have also stated the procedure below. In this article, we have compiled all COVID-19 resources that are too much required in the current scenario. So, without any further ado, let’s have a look at the COVID-19 resources in India.
Table of Content
How to Register for COVID-19 Vaccine: Above 18 Years
Now, if you are planning to get vaccinated, you will be required to register for the same. Registration can be done in three i.e using the Co-WIN app, using the official website or using the Aarogya Setu application. To get the detailed step-by-step procedure for COVID-19 vaccine registration, check out this article – How to register for COVID-19 Vaccine above 18 years [Step by Step Guide].
How to Locate Nearby Vaccination Centres
After registering for the vaccination drive, you will have to search for a vaccination centre nearby your location. In these times, moving out of home and looking for a vaccination centre is a risky task. So, finding a COVID-19 vaccination centre online would be an easier and safer alternative. We have covered all the available methods to search a vaccination centre online – How to locate nearby vaccine centre [Guide].
As COVID-19 is a disease that can’t be cured easily and can adversely affect your body, you should follow all the preventive measures prescribed by the government. Those measures include:
- Wash your hands as many times as you can. Use soap or an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from everyone for enhanced safety.
- Wear double masks when stepping outside.
- Resist touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home as much as you can.
- Sleep on your stomach.
- Keep measuring health parameters.
- SPO2 – Above 94
- Temperature- Below 100 degrees
- Pulse – 75 to 100 bpm
- If you have any symptoms, including cough, fever, or difficulty breathing, go for a COVID test and isolate yourself.
COVID-19 Resources in India
Now, by any chance, if anyone is facing difficulty in getting beds, oxygen, plasma, ventilator, ambulance, medicines or food, we have found some useful websites that may help you out. These voluntary websites updates data at frequent intervals. Here’s one demo on how you can search for Oxygen or a bed in a particular city.
- Go to https://covidsupport.xyz
- Enter your Location (e.g. Delhi) and Need (e.g. Plasma) and click on Check.
- You will get a list fetched from different social media platforms.
- Go to https://covid19-twitter.in
- Enter your city name.
- Tick mark your requirement i.e. Oxygen or Plasma.
- Click on generate link and a Twitter link will be generated. Just open that link and you will find relevant tweets according to your need.
Other Useful Websites:
- For Oxygen, beds, medicines, plasma, ambulance– https://covidhelp.glideapp.io
- For all resources – https://covid19-twitter.in
- National resources – https://www.covid19resourcesindia.com/
- National resources Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/covidaidresources/
- Remdesivir – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDj8H3Jnm-mIVnSphcZx4HgpgL0B47il/view
- Tocilizumab – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VEFgbsCpDrnkVEdljCh1sndLtatlvtvl/view
- All Resources India – https://external.sprinklr.com/insights/explorer/dashboard/601b9e214c7a6b689d76f493/tab/2?id=DASHBOARD_601b9e214c7a6b689d76f493
- Helpline, Consultation, Test -https://covid19helpindia.in/
- All resources– https://covid.army/
- All resources- https://verifiedcovidleads.com
- Mental Health – https://mentalhealthcovid.glideapp.io
- All resources– http://covidwall.wishboard.co
We will keep updating these resources as we get any further updates.
How to Donate Plasma
Now, someone who has recovered from COVID-19 is advised to donate Plasma. The plasma extracted from one’s blood may save the lives of many people suffering from COVID-19 disease. Some guidelines that a plasma donor should follow are:
- The donor should have tested COVID negative 28 days before the donation day.
- He/She should have no symptoms in the last 14 days.
- A donor should have a compatible blood type to that of the patient.
- Most importantly, donors are required to have high antibody levels in their plasma.
For donating plasma, first, you are required to register through these websites:
If you are residing in Delhi and have some very important work that should be done immediately at night, you must get an E-Pass. This is because the government of Delhi has imposed a night curfew from April 6 to April 30 between 10 PM to 5 AM due to an exponential surge in the COVID cases. Here is a step-by-step guide on getting an E-Pass in Delhi.
That’s All For Today. Stay Tuned To TechBurner For More Stuff. Till then, “Stay Home, Stay Safe”.