During this pandemic, it is advisable for everyone to stay at home as much as possible and be safe. Many states have even imposed the lockdown. Recently, the ICMR(Indian Council of Medical Research) country’s health research body has approved the anti-gen home-based testing kit (RAT). The kit is called CoviSelf and has been seen working on symptomatic Covid positive patients. So we are bringing up an article explaining to you step-by-step, how to use self testing Covid kit as many might be facing issues with it. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step which will make it easy for you all to use the kit. So without any further ado, let’s dive into the article.
As said above, recently ICMR has approved the CoviSelf as the home-based Covid anti-gen testing kit. The kit is manufactured by the Pune-based Mylab Discovery Solutions Ltd. It is advised that this kit should only be used on the Covid symptomatic individuals. It can also be used on those who are in direct contact with the laboratory operators or Covid positive patients. Also, one of the positives of this kit is that it can give you the results only in 15 minutes.
How to Use Coviself - Self Testing Covid Kit
Each kit will be provided with all the necessary items needed for the testing. The kit will include – a sterile nasal swab, one test card, a pre-filled extraction tube, and a biohazard bag. This will be an easy step-by-step guide. So you just need to follow the steps carefully and you will know how to self-perform the Covid test or we can say how to use self testing Covid kit.
Easy Step-by-Step Guide:
- Insert the sterile nasal swab in both the nostrils for about 2-4cm until the resistance is met and make sure to roll at least five times to make sure the adequate amount of sample is taken.
- Now dip the swab into the pre-filled extraction tube. Also, two drops of the mixture should also be added to the sample well of the testing device.
- Then you need to download the Mylab CoviSelf app from your PlayStore or App Store.
- The app will guide you on the testing procedure also it will give your test results as positive or negative.
- At last, the test card will consist of two sections – Control and Test.
- If the bar shows up only at the control section ‘C’. It means that the result is negative.
- Moreover, if the bars appear on both, the control and test section. Then the result is positive.
- Everyone taking the test will have to click the picture of the test strip after completing the test. Note that use the same mobile used for downloading the app and registration.
[Note: A positive test will take about 6-7 minutes and a negative test will take about 15 minutes maximum.]
ICMR also said that the positive test may be considered as true positives and repeated testing will not be required. However, all RAT negative individuals will be treated as Covid suspects and are advised to be home isolated.
That’s it guys for this post. Keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates!!