Get Cashback On WhatsApp Payments Worth Rs 105
It seems like digital payments are the next big thing with more and more apps integrating them. We have all heard of them and probably used many of these such as Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, AmazonPay and more. The best part about being a new entrant into the market is the benefits that consumers derive from their initial promotion schemes. For example, if you refer PhonePe to a friend, you get a flat Rs 100 instant cashback. Similarly, to create a buzz in the digital payments market, WhatsApp Payments has introduced a new cashback scheme. For those of you who don’t know, yes, WhatsApp too has the option of sending and receiving money via UPI built into the app itself now. Here’s everything you need to know about how to get cashback on WhatsApp Payments.
Steps to Get Cashback On WhatsApp Payments
First of all, you must link your bank account to WhatsApp in order to activate WhatsApp Payments, if not done already. This will let you send as well as receive the money within the app itself via UPI. Now, in the following three simple steps, you can get cashback on WhatsApp Payments:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots at the top right corner. Go to Payments->Send New Payment.
- Select the contact to whom you want to send money. If the receiver is also a registered user of WhatsApp Payments, you will see a gift icon next to their name. This means that sending them any amount of money will result in an assured cashback of Rs.35 per transaction. The amount will be directly credited to your bank account.
- Enter whatever amount you would like to send with no minimum cap. Tap Next->Send Payment->Enter UPI Pin.
WhatsApp Payments Cashback Eligibility Criteria
- You have to be a WhatsApp user for a minimum period of 30 days. WhatsApp Business accounts are not eligible for the promotional scheme.
- The cashback scheme is not rolling out for all users at the same time. Only those users are eligible who have the gift icon next to their name while sending money on WhatsApp Payments.
- The contact you are sending money to must be a registered user of WhatsApp Payments in India and not any other country.
- If all the conditions are satisfied, you can receive Rs 35 cashback up to 3 times by sending money to 3 different contacts hence amounting to Rs 105 in total. It should be noted that you will only receive one cashback reward per contact and it is limited to no more than 3 different contacts.
The following type of transactions are not eligible for cashback:
- Payment is made when you do not see a gift icon next to the name of the recipient.
- Payments are made upon scanning the QR code of the recipient.
- When the recipient initiates a collect request from his end.
- When money is sent to the UPI ID of the recipient.
- Payments are made via third party online apps using WhatsApp.
For the complete and detailed terms and conditions with respect to how to get cashback on WhatsApp Payments, check out their official website’s FAQ and Help Center pages.
That’s it for this one, for more interesting articles stay tuned to TechBurner!