Honor phones are underdogs of the mid-range segment. One of the worst thing about Honor phones is that heavy UI called EMUI. Although many features keep on getting better with updates. Since we have update timelines for major smartphones, this article will focus on Honor 8X Updates which includes Honor 8X Pie update based on EMUI 9. We will update links in this article whenever a new update is available so makes sure you subscribe.
Table of Content
Honor 8X Revisited
The Honor 8X has a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone has a ‘HiSilicon Kirin 710 octa-core chipset’ with Mali G51 GPU. There is a 20-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor, clubbed with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF on the back. For selfies, 16-megapixel camera sensor with an f/2.0 aperture. There is an option to expand the Internal storage by up to 400GB via a microSD card. It is powered by a 3,750mAh battery with support for 10W charging. It comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB storage options.
Honor 8X Pie Update
Last week, Honor announced that Honor 8X Pie Update based on EMUI 9 will roll out around March 18. They have kept their words as the update is rolling out already. Warning: Its size is a whopping 3.14GB so better update it using WiFi because your ‘Jio Sim’ will definitely run out of data. The larger the update, the more changes it carries but this isn’t the case with this update.
- Change Log:
- This update brings system security improvement with Google security patches released in November 2018.
- Fixes an issue with Netflix and Amazon Prime when playing video, audio is not sync.
- Honor Club Updated to the latest version.
- Gesture Based Navigation added
- 4D Smart Shock
Honor 8X EMUI 9 Update Download
Steps to Install Update
Download Huawei Firmware Finder Android App from here.
Download Huawei Firmware Rewrite PC from here.
- Run ‘FirmwareFinderRewrite.exe’ file
- Click on the choose a Model.
- On your Smartphone: go to settings > about phone > model number and find the Model Number of your device.
- Select the correct model number from the list appearing on your Firmware Finder
- Go to the second tab in the application
- Click on the Start
- Choose the firmware you want from the search result
If this doesn’t work, don’t worry be patient and the OTA will arrive 🙂
Turn-On the Notifications for TechBurner.in by clicking the Bell Icon!