Minecraft is a very popular sandbox game by Mojang. It has been the most selling video game of all time on Xbox and PC. They sold a record-breaking 200 million game copies and have 126 million active monthly users. Recently, a new update has been introduced that brings some changes which make the game look different from what you were seeing for the past few years. In this article, we will guide you on how to install Minecraft 1.17 mods. This will be an easy guide for Minecraft 1.17 update mods or we can now say it Minecraft 1.17 add-ons. So without any further ado, let’s head into the articles.
Minecraft 1.17 Update Features - Caves and Cliffs (Bedrock)
Before we head to the guide, here is a quick overview of the update changelogs that you might like. It is an update in the Bedrock version which majorly includes caves and cliffs changes.
- Glow Squid
- Powder Snow
- Glow Lichens
- Cluster Ameythist Blocks
- Tinted Glass
- Lighting Rod
- Raw Ore Items/Blocks
- Smooth Basalt
- New Cave Blocks
- Trade and Loot Table Additions
- Rooted Dirt, etc.
Minecraft Update 1.17 Mods
There is a particular fan base of Minecraft who loves messing around and play the mods to change the looks of vanilla Minecraft. Modders have created lots of mods for Minecraft, and they will carry on making them. Moreover, players using mods will neither stop from doing so. However Bedrock versions unfortunately do not support the external mods for Minecraft. The reason behind this is that the Bedrock version is harder to code for.
Also, most of the Bedrock players are on consoles like Xbox and PlayStation and they don’t have the modding capabilities. To make up for mods, Minecraft now comes with in-built mods called add-ons. Yes, you can now download and use add-ons that work similarly to mods. There are a variety of mods that are available on the internet, only for Java versions.
Prerequisites for Minecraft 1.17 Mods
As a pre-requisite, you just need Minecraft to be on the Java version. Moreover, you must have Java installed properly on your device to install the mod (add-ons).
How to Download Minecraft 1.17 Mods
You can download your mods of interest from any of the trusted sites that support Minecraft 1.17. There are several sites available out there on the internet such as - https://www.curseforge.com/ | https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods | https://www.planetminecraft.com/mods. You can easily download your preferred mods to proceed for further installation.
Must Read | How to Use Facetime On Android Phone And PC
How to Install Minecraft 1.17 Mods
Download and installation is a straightforward process. You just need to follow the steps below and you will understand it easily:
- Firstly, you need to download the Forge by selecting the latest version available for v1.17 from here https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/.
- You can also download a particular mod and forge if you want to play a specific mod.
- Now click on the installer to start downloading.
- Once the installer is downloaded, head to your specified download folder and run it.
- Select ‘Install client’.
- Now click on ‘OK’ to complete this installation.
- Open Minecraft launcher and select ‘Forge’ from the version section.
- Now launch the game.
- Now there will be a new option for mods on the game’s home screen.
- Click that option and select ‘Open mods folder’.
- A new folder will open up on your screen, here you need to move your mod files.
That’s it now you have the mods working on the latest 1.17 update of Minecraft. Keep an eye out on TechBurner for more such stuff!!