Smartphone brands are becoming developer friendly day by day. Most of the smartphones launched in 2019 comes with pre-enabled Camera2API support and unlocking the bootloader of the smartphones is now easy than before. Brands release Kernal sources of their device very soon. You can now unlock the bootloader of Realme X with few simple steps. Realme calls it In-depth test. They have also released Realme X Kernel Sources. Read the article to know more about Realme X Bootloader Unlock.
Table of Content
Realme X Bootloader Unlock
In simple terms Unlocking the bootloader allows you to install custom Firmware on your Android phone, root and install mods. If you are a tech enthusiast and want to use your phone with full potential then unlocking the bootloader is the way you should go. However, it is no easy process and you might end up damaging your phone. So, unlock only if you are expert in such tasks. Before we tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Realme X, read the disclaimer given below.
Unlocking the bootloader may avoid the warranty of your device. make sure you backup all your important data before processing because all of your data will be erased. The Widevine L1 will be replaced by L3, it means you will no longer able to stream HD content on streaming services like Netflix and Amazon. The security of the phone may be compromised and your information might be leaked. Also, unlocking the bootloader might cause some damage to your phone.
How To Unlock The Bootloader Of Realme X?
Let’s now talk about how to unlock the bootloader of Realme X. Follow each step carefully.
1. Make sure your phone is charged at least 60%. We suggest you charge your phone 100% to avoid an immediate shutdown. Also, make sure your Realme X is on the latest and official software version.
2. Download and Install Unlock Tool APK on your phone. Download
3. Open the app and Apply for the bootloader unlock by clicking on “Start Applying”.
4. Read the disclaimer, select the checkbox and click on the submit application button.
5. Servers will check your application and within 1 hour the app will show the status of your application. If it shows the unlocking is successful, then you can process further.
6. Click on the “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically. fast boot_unlock_verify ok will display on the screen.
7. Download and Install the fast boot tool on your PC/Macbook. Download
8. Connect your phone to the PC and enter the fastboot mode.
9. Now enter the following commands.
- Enter the command: adb reboot bootloader
- Press Enter
- Enter the command: fastboot flashing unlock
- Press Enter
10. Now press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader of Realme X. Press volume down button in case you don’t want to unlock. You will see the new interface the same as the image.
11. Enter the command “fastboot reboot”.
12. Your phone will reboot and enter In-depth test mode.
If you have any queries about tech then simply mention @techburnerteam on twitter and we will try to answer you as soon as possible.