Realme is a brand that achieved more YoY (Year on Year) growth than any other company as soon as it was established. They came up with their first device, Realme 1, as a sub-brand of Oppo. Since the device was received well, Realme soon took the independence to operate the brand separately. But still, it took time for the company to establish itself as an independent brand. Now, Realme has started to roll out Realme 2 Pro update for Android 10. Everyone waiting for Realme UI update for Realme 2 Pro now has it on board. In this article, we will discuss the Realme 2 Pro Android 10 update. Moreover, we will also mention the Realme 2 Pro Android 10 update size and Realme 2 Pro Android 10 release date. So without any further ado, let’s begin the article.
Table of Content
Realme 2 Pro Android 10 Update
It is the third big update for Realme 2 Pro. Realme 2 Pro users were eagerly waiting to get their hands on this update. Now, as the rollout has started, we have the features and will list them out here. The rollout of Android 10 was first received by Realme 3 Pro users followed by Realme XT, X, 5 Pro, X2, and so on. After this long journey, its finally the turn for Realme 2 Pro.
Realme UI Update for Realme 2 Pro
Firstly, the update version is RMX1801EX_11.F.07. Here is a list of features.
User Interface (UI)
- The brand new UI reframed over Color OS 7
- Minimal and attractive design
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.”
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar.
- Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use three fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use three fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working
- Added new charging animation
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation
- Added pause feature for screen recording
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer
- Optimized system built-in ringtones
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode
- Optimized Game Space
Suggested Article | Realme UI Tips and Tricks
- Added new live wallpapers
- New artistic wallpapers
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on the home screen
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the home screen
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lock screen
- Added a Simple Mode for the home screen, featuring larger fonts, icons, and a clearer layout
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window
- Added the trim feature in Recordings
- New Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes
Contacts and Network
- Realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history
- Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
Realme 2 Pro Android 10 Update Size
The update brings lots of improvement and UI changes to the device as you have seen in the above listings. Packing all the features in the update, it is sized at about 3GB. To be more precise, the update has a size of 2.84GB that may vary in some cases.
Realme 2 Pro Android 10 Release Date
Earlier, Realme had stated that they would push the update in June. As promised, the rollout has now started. The update is being rolled out and will be pushed in a phased manner to ensure that it reaches everyone. You can wait for your turn or install the update manually when Realme releases the file on their website.
Keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates.