Samsung has unveiled and confirmed 2 of the leaked phones i.e. Samsung Galaxy A50s and Samsung Galaxy A30s. In the offline market, Samsung A-series has been spectacular and has been a success beyond Samsung’s imagination. Among the A-series, Samsung Galaxy A50 has been a hit like nothing ever and has hit a lot of milestones for the brand. Now, the successor of Samsung Galaxy A50 is here as Samsung Galaxy A50s. Also, Samsung Galaxy A30 has a successor that goes by the name Samsung Galaxy A30s. Point to be noted, only the phones have been announced. As of now, there’s no news of release dates and countries. Here, we’ll compare the specifications of Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s. By doing this, we’ll also look at what has been upgraded since last time.
Table of Content
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s Specifications:
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s Updated Specifications:
- 3 Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s: Should you upgrade?
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A50 vs Samsung Galaxy A30s:
- 5 Follow Techburner Team in our Social Media Handles:
Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s Specifications:
|Category||Sub-category||Samsung Galaxy A50s||Samsung Galaxy A30s|
|Display||Size/ Resolution||6.4-inch FHD+ (1080×2340)
|6.4-inch HD+ (720×1560)
|Infinity Display||Infinity-U Display||Infinity-V Display|
|Camera||Rear||48MP F/2.0 + 5MP + 8MP (Ultra Wide)||25MP F/1.7 + 5MP + 8MP
|Front||32MP F/2.0||16MP F/2.0|
|Processor||4 x 2.3GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz||2 x 1.8GHz + 6 x 1.6Hz|
|Memory||RAM||4GB / 6GB||3GB / 4GB|
|Internal Storage||64GB / 128GB||32GB / 64GB /128GB|
|Micro SD support||Up to 512GB||Up to 512GB|
|Battery||Capacity||4,000 mAh||4,000 mAh|
|Charging||15W Fast Charging||15W Fast Charging|
|Dimension||158.5 x 74.5 x 7.7mm||158.5 x 74.7 x 7.8mm|
|Color||Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, and Prism Crush Violet||Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, and Prism Crush Violet|
|Fingerprint||On-screen Fingerprint||On-screen Fingerprint|
|Charging Port||USB Type-C||USB Type-C|
Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s Updated Specifications:
We can clearly see from the above specs that A50s is not much of an upgrade, as compared to Samsung Galaxy A30s. However, the primary improvement is in the optics sections. Let’s compare Samsung Galaxy A50 vs Samsung Galaxy A50s first.
Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A50- What’s new:
- Primary sensor: The primary sensor has been upgraded from 25MP to 48MP (no mention of Sony IMX586/Samsung ISOcell GM1). However, there’s a catch. The 25MP shooter used to shoot at 12MP usually with an explicit 25MP mode. And, the 48MP will do the same with regular photos at 12MP and explicit 48MP mode. The depth and ultra-wide sensor remain the same.
- Selfie shooter: The selfie shooter is now 32MP as compared to 25MP before. However, in the regular mode, it captured 12MP before which is now upgraded to 16MP.
- Processor: Samsung has written the clock values in the processor section only, with no mention of a name. From the specs, we can suspect it’s the same Exynos 9610.
Samsung Galaxy A30s vs Samsung Galaxy A30- What’s new:
- Primary sensor: The primary sensor is upgraded from 16MP to 25MP. This is a welcome upgrade. Although the regular mode of 25MP will shoot at 12MP, it’ll be of better quality if Samsung uses the same sensor as Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Ultra-wide sensor: Samsung has added a new ultra-wide sensor in the Samsung Galaxy A30s. So now, it’s a triple-cam smartphone. This sensor is the same as Samsung Galaxy A50, 8MP. The depth sensor of 5MP remains in place.
- Infinity-V notch: Samsung Galaxy A30s now has an infinity-V notch design for whatsoever reason. It was infinity-U in Samsung Galaxy A30.
Samsung Galaxy A50s vs Samsung Galaxy A30s: Should you upgrade?
We can clearly see from the above specifications comparison that the S version of A-series phones doesn’t offer enough upgrade on specifications for any user to upgrade. However, if the pricing is increased by not more than 2000 INR, these 2 could be great buys for consumers. If Samsung overprices these phones like the Samsung Galaxy A80, there’s no point.
Samsung Galaxy A50 vs Samsung Galaxy A30s:
Yes, now this is a valid comparison. With A30 getting an upgrade and A50 still in the market, consumers might confuse between Samsung Galaxy A30s and Samsung Galaxy A50. As per specifications, these two phones are very close. However, if the Samsung Galaxy A50s comes with the same Exynos 9610, Samsung Galaxy A30s will surely come with a lower-grade processor. From that point of view, Samsung Galaxy A50 will still be a better buy than Samsung Galaxy A30s. For now, we have to wait for these phones to inaugurate in the market and watch out for the processors they offer!
Stay tuned for any further upgrades!