So all the variants of Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 are available today on Flipkart exclusive and because of the awesome budget spec-sheet of this device, the only major department where it lacks with the competition, Redmi Note 5 Pro is the camera. As the major problem is its camera app processing which is not that great overall despite having such a capable camera sensor.
Well, all of the geek or tech-enthusiast communities are aware of Google Camera or G-Cam which by results has drastically increased the camera performance of phones as it is ported from the Google’s own Pixel 2 line-up by some developers at xda-developers.com. However, the application needs camera2api to be enabled on the smartphone which by default is disabled on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Well, now it is pretty easy and convenient to enable to get the camera2api access on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and that too Without Rooting the device. So here are the steps to get the Google Camera (GCam or GCammod) working-
Prerequisite is that USB Debugging should be enabled on the device!
- First of all, enable developers option, on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro. By going over to Settings > System > About Phone.
- Tap 7-8 times on, Build Number.
- Switch off and reboot the device to fastboot mode by first switching it off, after the phone completely switched off. Now press Volume Up+ Power Button at the same time.
- Now Download & Install this adb setup on your PC.
- Now connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
- Shift + Right Click anywhere on the desktop and click on “Open Command window here”
- Now type this command on the Command Prompt window opened, ” fastboot OEM enable_camera_hal3 true ” and press enter.
- Now type “fastboot reboot”
- Now download, and install the Gcam APK from this site, (bold and red text are stable versions)
And by our results the Gcam literally makes a drastic change to pictures shot on this device and it proves how bad the optimization of the stock camera app by ASUS is. Let it be portrait mode or the normal pictures, Gcam truly shows how capable the camera sensor on this device is.