Customization is one of the best benefits of having a custom skin like MIUI or ColorOS over Stock Android. Most of us like to change the theme, wallpaper, ringtone and fonts in the smartphone. Xiaomi allows MIUI users to directly change the font from the Theme Store, but the font options are very limited and they are not so good. Here is good news for all MIUI users. You can now apply third party fonts in MIUI without root. How? Read our guideline below to know how to change fonts in MIUI without root.
Table of Content
MIUI Font Changer App
You have to install an app called MIUI Custom Font Installer from the Play Store. This app allows you to change the font and apply any third party font in MIUI without rooting your device. Download the app from the below link.
|App Name||MIUI Custom Font Installer|
|App Size||5.8 MB|
|Last Updated||1 April 2019|
|Total No. of Downloads||500,000+|
|Minimum Requirements||Android 4.0.3 and up|
|Developer||Mg Ngoe Lay|
Install the app and open MIUI Custom Font Installer.
How To Change Fonts In MIUI Without Root
Just follow the simple steps mentioned below to change fonts in MIUI. With the help of this app, you can change the fonts in MIUI 7,8,9 and 10 and it supports all the Xiaomi/Redmi Smartphones. Also, this app is totally free to use and it will not harm your phone. Apply any third party fonts in MIUI too. So, don’t worry about that and let’s now get started.
- Open the app and tap on the font name which you want to apply.
- Fonts are divided into COLOR and COOL categories. Select whichever you like the most.
- Once you tap on any font it will show you the Font Preview.
- Hit the DOWNLOAD button from the bottom bar.
- Once Downloading finished tap on the SET button.
6. Choose the method to install. There are 3 methods Old, New and Latest. All three methods work fine. We prefer to use the first method.
7. After choosing Method 1, now open Themes Store.
8. Open Fonts. Your font will be appearing there. Apply the font. The phone will Reboot and you can see the new font is installed on your phone.
How To Apply Third Party Fonts In MIUI
If you want to apply any third party fonts in MIUI then follow the steps given below. Download any .ttf or .mtz font.
- Open the app and go to the LOCAL tab.
- Tap on the Aa button at the bottom.
- Now select any .ttf or .mtz font which you want to install.
- Press OK and it will show the Font Preview.
- Tap on the SET button and apply the font the same as the above method.
Change Emojis In Xiaomi/Redmi Phones
If you are using any new Redmi Smartphone then you already have the latest emojis everywhere. But in case you are using Redmi 3/4 series phones which are still running on Android 6 or 7 so they do not have the latest Pie Emojis. If you want to change the emoji style in your phone then you can simply do with the same app.
Select any emoji pack which you want to apply. Download it and install it the same as the above method.
That’s all in this article. We keep posting such awesome Tech Tips so stay tuned with us. Also, hit the bell icon to never miss an update from us.