People are often dissatisfied with their present social media username and would want a different one badly. Like other social media platforms, Snapchat didn't allow users to change their usernames till now. It has changed now! Snapchat have recently included a 'Change username' option in its app. Now you can change your Snapchat username just like you have changed the Snapchat display name. This new feature also allows you to alter your real username without deleting your account. In this post, we will discuss how to change Snapchat username without deleting account. Keep reading!
How to Change Snapchat Username without Deleting Account?
With the updated Snapchat app, you can change your Snapchat usernames on iPhone and Android. Therefore, users don’t need to deactivate and re-create their Snapchat accounts to get new usernames. Before you continue, there are several things to consider. First, you can only change your username on Snapchat once a year. Snapchat will not allow you to use a name you have previously used. Also, once the username is changed, the previous one will be lost permanently.
Steps to Change Your Snapchat Username on iPhone and Android
- Launch Snapchat on your phone. Open your profile by tapping your Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner. After that, click the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the profile page.
- Then, under the My Account section, you will see a new Username option. Tap on it to continue the process.
- Now click the Change Username to change your existing Snapchat username.
- After that, you will see an alert that you can change your Snapchat username once a year. Accept it by tapping the Continue option.
- Then write your new username in the Username text box. If it's free, press the Next button.
- Finally, enter your password and click the Confirm option. To get your new username, hit the Continue button.
7. That's all! You'll see a pop-up from Snapchat showing that you've successfully updated your Snapchat username. If you again click the change username option, you will see a box displaying the date you changed the name.
Steps to Change Your Snapchat Display Name On Android and iOS
- Tap your Bitmoji symbol in the top-left area of Snapchat. Click on your name to edit it. Or open the Settings area from the top-right corner of the profile page.
- To alter your display name, select the Name option under the My Account option.
- Now you only have to type in a new Snapchat display name and hit the green Save button.
- As you save your new display name, it will immediately show on your Snapchat bio.
One of the most desired features in Snapchat is the ability to change your Snapchat username without deleting your account. And it's great to see that they are finally implementing it. When changing your username, keep the once-in-a-year factor in mind and plan your change properly.
Let us know what you think about this new launch of the most-requested feature in the comments below. Also, follow TechBurner for more tech updates!