As Windows 11 has come out, you might know that Microsoft came up with a new form of widgets. It is quite useful for a bunch of people, however, many might find it useless as it is not useful for them. If you are one of them, you can disable the widgets as they are just using up the resources of your PC. So in this article, we will guide you with easy steps and explain how to disable widgets on Windows 11. You can keep up your eye till the very end of the article. So without any further ado, let’s head into the article.
What are Widgets on Windows 11?
Windows 11 came with some surprise, other than the full UI makeover, Microsoft brought the support of Android apps. However, the working of the apps is still unclear and Windows 11 is still in its beta phase. Plus we got to see the new widgets section alongside the start menu. The widget section includes the weather app, recent photos, stocks, recent activities, and news. Moreover, you can add more widgets and arrange them according to your preferences.
Yet, if you do not find these widgets useful, you can disable them. And the step-by-step guide below will help you to do the same. You just need to follow this guide and you will know how to get rid of the widgets on Windows 11.
How to Disable Widgets on Windows 11?
There are three ways of disabling the widgets on Windows 11, you can try out any of these. Follow the steps below to hide the widgets of Windows 11 and keep your PC’s resources free:
You can easily disable the Windows 11 widgets from the settings by following the method below:
- Right-click on the blank space of the taskbar.
- Select the option called taskbar settings from the menu.
- Make sure you are in the personalization section from the left pane menu.
- Scroll down and select the taskbar from the option.
- Now you need to turn off widgets under the taskbar items menu.
- Voila! The widgets are gone.
Another way to disable the widgets is from the registry editor. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Press the Window + R key simultaneously to open the run pop-up.
- Now type ‘regedit’ and hit enter.
- The registry editor will open.
- Now from the left pane head to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Explorer -> Advanced.
- In the advanced folder, look for the ‘TaskbarDa’ file in the main window and double-click it.
- Now change value data to ‘0’ and click ‘OK’.
- Then you will need to restart your PC and done, you have your widgets section disabled.
- Now to turn the widgets back on you will need to head back to the same location and change the value from ‘0’ to ‘1’. Then restart your PC.
The easiest way of removing widgets from your taskbar is this one.
- You just need to right-click on the widget’s icon in the taskbar.
- Now a menu will appear.
- Click on ‘Hide from taskbar’.
- And that’s it, you have disabled the widgets from your taskbar.
That was it guys for this post. Keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates!!