Apple products are known for their seamless integration with one another. For example, if you are a part of the Apple ecosystem, then you have access to perks such as unlocking your MacBook from your Apple Watch or answering phone calls from your iPad. However, it goes much beyond that. The premium people are willing to pay for Apple products is because of their airtight security measures. In this article, we are going to discuss one such handy feature of how to find Apple products using Siri, the native voice assistant built into all Apple products. It’s extremely useful if you have lost your phone and want to locate it as soon as possible. You can even go to the extent of wiping your entire data remotely if need be. So, let’s get ahead with how you can find Apple products using Siri.
Prerequisites To Find Apple Products Using Siri
- The lost Apple device must be connected to the internet via wifi or a cellular network for Siri to track its location instantly. If not, the lost device will only receive the notification once it has an active internet connection.
- The lost Apple device as well as the current device you will use to track it must be connected and linked to the same iCloud account.
How To Find Apple Products Using Siri Remotely
- Summon Siri on your current Apple device by using the voice command “Hey Siri” or activating it via the home/side button depending upon your Apple device.
- Once Siri is activated and listening to your voice, ask “Find my X”, where X is your lost device which you wish to track.
- Siri will then redirect you to the location of your said device on maps via the Find My app on the device.
- In addition to this, Siri will also play a beeping sound on your lost device, making it more convenient for you to track it.
So, that is how you can track any of your lost Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple Watch via Siri as long as the prerequisite conditions are satisfied. If your device happens to be offline at the time Siri is trying to locate it, the notification will be received on the said device once it has an active internet connection. If your device is offline and you are certain it has been stolen, there’s also the option of erasing your entire device data remotely in the Find My app itself. Registering an FIR at the nearest police station immediately is also a wise decision.
That’s it for this one. If you enjoyed this article, stay tuned to TechBurner for more!