People love customizing their smartphones, and as we talk about customizations, MIUI got the best customizing features on board. Recently, the newer version of MIUI was released, i.e. MIUI 12. All of you would be looking forward to experiencing the MIUI 12 with new features on your smartphones. In this article, we will guide you on How to download MIUI 12 on Redmi K20 Pro and How to install MIUI 12 on Redmi K20 Pro. Precisely, we will guide you to install and download MIUI 12 Beta so; there might be some bugs in the ROM. However, to enjoy this latest MIUI 12 ROM on your device just follow the steps given in this guide. The ROM MIUI 12 download for Redmi K20 link is given in this article. This article will guide the step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi K20 Pro.
Before starting here is a must-read note for you.
“Follow the steps very carefully; if any of the mistakes happen, it can lead your device to get bricked. We are not responsible for any of the cause or harm to your device. So, perform these actions at your own risk.”
Table of Content
Pre-Requisites For Installing MIUI 12
Before installing, let’s take a look at what we need as we proceed further. Below are the requirements
- Unlocked Bootloader
- SDK Platform Tools – DOWNLOAD
- PC or Laptop – To install TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project)
- MIUI 12 ROM – DOWNLOAD
- TWRP – DOWNLOAD (For Redmi K20 Pro)
- Enable USB debugging, and OEM unlock from developer option [Enable developer option by tapping seven times on Build Number(Settings> About Phone>Build Number x7)].
- 70%+ Battery level – To avoid an unexpected shutdown.
How to Download MIUI 12 Beta
The link to download MIUI 12 Beta ROM is available in the Pre-requisites list, Just click on download to get redirected to the download page.
Installing TWRP on Redmi K20 Pro
- Extract Platform Tools in a folder.
- Place TWRP in the extracted Platform Tools folder.
- Open the extracted folder and there open command window by pressing Shift + R-Click then click on “Open command window here” or “Open Powershell window”.
- Enter Fastboot mode on the device by pressing Power and Volume Up button simultaneously.
- After entering Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- Type the command below and hit enter to verify that your device is connected –
- If the device is not listed, try reconnecting USB cable or repeating above steps carefully.
- As soon the device is listed, type the below command to enter the bootloader –
fastboot reboot bootloader
- As you enter the bootloader, type the below command to install the TWRP.[Replace TWRP with the TWRP .img file’s name or rename the file to TWRP].
fastboot flash TWRP.img
- Once the installation is complete type the command below to restart your device.
Now You have successfully installed the TWRP recovery in your Redmi K20 Pro. To Check, Power off your device and Power on by pressing Volume Up and Power button simultaneously. You will enter the TWRP mode.
Also, Read | MIUI 12 Live Wallpapers on Any Android Phone
How to Install MIUI 12 on Redmi K20 Pro
Here comes the main part of the article, how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi K20 Pro. Now you have TWRP installed on your device you just need to flash the MIUI 12 ROM via TWRP on your device. Follow the steps below to safely flash the ROM without any error.
- Enter into TWRP mode.
- Click on the install button.
- Browse to the folder where you have downloaded the MIUI 12 ROM.
- Click the ROM and Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Wait till the process is finished.
- Once the process is completed, click on reboot.
- That’s it you have successfully installed MIUI 12 on your Redmi K20.
- Enjoy the ROM.
Check out | MIUI 12 Tips and Tricks
That’s it guys for this post see you soon in the next article. Keep following the TECHBURNER for more about tech.