Text to Speech Voices
Xiaomi comes with great specs and aggressive pricing. Recently, Mi 10T was launched with some excellent specifications and aggressive pricing. Also, people who love tech love customising their smartphones. However, every smartphone’s OS has some limitations, and people who need further customisation options have the option to root the device. In this article, we will discuss how to root Mi 10T in easy steps without any kind of boot loop or any other issues. However, before rooting, you will need to unlock the bootloader on your Mi 10T. But this one is quite a challenging task, and you need not worry, as we have got it too covered for you. That means we will also be discussing how to unlock the bootloader in Mi 10T. So without any further ado, let’s head into the article.
What is Rooting?
Before rooting, you must know what rooting is. We will briefly explain the whole concept of rooting for you. Rooting a device gives the administrator permissions to the user. A user with a rooted device has full access to the device and can install custom ROMs and some applications that are not available for normal users. Rooting a device has its pros and cons like – having full access to your device, installing custom ROMs, etc. and disadvantages include voiding the warranty and boot loop sometimes.
How to Unlock Bootloader in Mi 10T?
So as mentioned above, you will first need to unlock the bootloader in your device. So below are the pre-requisites for unlocking bootloader in Mi 10T:
- Full Backup of your device(As in this process, all data on your device will be cleared).
- Mi Unlock Tool - DOWNLOAD
- ADB & FastBoot Drivers - DOWNLOAD
Steps to Unlock Bootloader in Mi 10T:
- Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- On your device, open settings and create a Mi account, then wait for at least seven days. If already have an account older than seven days then skip this step.
- Now head to Settings -> About Phone and tap on MIUI version 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer Options.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging from the developer options.
- Make sure to have an active internet connection in the Smartphone.
- Now again head to Developer Options -> Mi Unlock Status and login to your Mi Account.
- Now Shut down your Phone and then long-press the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to boot your device into Fastboot mode. When you see the Mi Bunny image, release both buttons.
- Then open the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Mi 10T.
- The PC will automatically detect your device, then click on the Unlock button.
- Now your devices will be unlocked, and all the data on your smartphone will be erased.
You have now successfully unlocked the bootloader on your device. However, this does not mean that you now have root access. So for rooting, let’s move ahead.
How to Root Mi 10?
Below are the pre-requisites that you will need before you root your Mi 10T:
- Make sure that Bootloader is unlocked on your device.
- Magisk Manager APK - DOWNLOAD
- ADB Fastboot & Driver
- Take a full backup, as rooting will erase all your data.
- Download firmware of your device that is installed on your device
Steps to Root Mi 10T:
- Firstly, you need to extract Mi 10T firmware on your PC and find the boot.img in the extracted folder.
- Copy the extracted boot.img and Magisk Manager APK to your Mi 10T.
- Install Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- Open the Magisk Manager app, then click Install -> Install.
- Select "Select and Patch a File" from the pop-up menu.
- Now browse and locate that boot.img file that you extracted from firmware and copied from PC.
- After patching, a file named "magisk_patched.img" or patched_boot.img will be saved in Magisk folder.
- Now copy the patched image file to C://adb in your PC and rename the file to boot.img.
- Turn off your device, and boot into fastboot mode using the steps given above in the bootloader unlocking steps.
- When your phone gets in fastboot mode, connect it to your PC.
- Browse C://adb and replace the text in the location tab with "CMD" and hit enter. This will open the command prompt window on your PC.
- Use below commands in the command window to proceed:
- In return, the device ID will be shown in the command window. If not, then re-enter the fastboot mode and try reconnecting the USB cable.
- Now enter the command below:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After successful flashing, the device will automatically reboot, and now you have successfully rooted Mi 10T. Enjoy Custom ROMs, and root limited apps.
That's all for today guys. We hope you have successfully rooted your Mi 10T without any hassle. However, if you face any problems, i.e. Bootloop, please let us know in the comments below. We will be happy to help you. Also, Keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates.