Samsung Galaxy M51 is one of Samsung’s great devices that comes with a 7,000mAh large battery. It is a flagship-level smartphone that gives the user a premium experience. Moreover, the device also comes with a 64MP main camera sensor and is powered by a Snapdragon 730G processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage in the base variant. The device is quite interesting and the users will love its X-factor, which is the big battery life. Besides all these, some tech enthusiasts like to unlock their smartphone to use better features and also flash custom from with the help of Rooting the Device. In this article, we will discuss how to root Samsung Galaxy M51 and to be more precise, we will guide you on how to Unlock the bootloader in Samsung Galaxy M51 and root it without any errors. So without any further ado, let’s head into the article.
Table of Content
Samsung Galaxy M51 Features
The device was launched in the Indian market on 10th September 2020, equipped with 64MP + 12MP + 5MP + 5MP quad primary camera setup. Samsung Galaxy M51 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor and is having 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It is based on the Custom UI by Samsung, known as OneUI 2.1 which is based on Android 10. It also has a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display. Moving to the battery, it comes with a massive 7000 mAh battery. The device is also equipped with a USB Type-C port with support of fast charging.
What is Root?
Before rooting, you must know what is rooting. We will briefly explain the whole concept rooting for you. Rooting a device gives the administrator permission to the user. A user with a rooted device has full access over the device and can install custom ROMs and some applications that are not available for normal users. Rooting a device has its pros and cons like – having full access to your device, installing custom ROMs, etc. and disadvantages include voiding the warranty and boot loop sometimes.
Must Read | How to Root Realme C3: Easy Step-by-Step Guide
How to Unlock Bootloader in Samsung Galaxy M51?
Before rooting your device, you will need to unlock the bootloader. To unlock the bootloader you need to have more than 40% battery and a full device backup for safety. Now follow the steps below carefully to unlock the bootloader.
Step 1: Turn off your Samsung Galaxy M51 then boot into download mode. To boot download mode you have to press volume down and power button simultaneously until you enter download mode.
Step 2: You will see many options You can feel free to press the volume up button.
Step 3: Now open a new screen and again press the volume up button to unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone.
So now your bootloader is unlocked and you’re ready to roll the dice for rooting Samsung Galaxy M51.
Must Read | Download Samsung Galaxy M51 Stock Wallpapers Now
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51?
Before starting here is an Important note: Download the same firmware that’s running on your operating system and other required files from the links in the guide section.
Download the firmware – DOWNLOAD
Download Magisk – DOWNLOAD
Download Odin Flash Tool
Now follow the guide below carefully to successfully root your device.
- We suppose you may have already downloaded the SM-M515F Firmware file.
- Extract the files of the downloaded firmware with WinRAR or 7Zip.
- Now copy the “AP” file then transfer your internal storage.
- Download and Install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File and select the “AP” tar file you have transferred earlier.
- Once the boot image has been patched, Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer.
Now as you have created a patched the boot image, we can further proceed.
- First of all, extract the downloaded Odin Flash Tool in your PC.
- Before connecting your phone to the computer, open developer mode, enable both USB debugging and OEM Unlock options. To enable developer options, head over to Settings → About section and click 5-7 times on the build number.
- Boot into download mode, follow the steps just like before then connect your device with the PC using a data cable
- Open the Odin tool then align your device. When your device detection is complete, connected the log section will show Added.
- Tap on the “AP” button, select magisk_patched.tar file and uncheck auto reboot.
- Now tap on the “START” button.
- Odin usually takes around ten minutes to complete the process in typical cases, and it shows a Pass At top of the screen which means is done.
- The important thing here is how you can boot into the system. Press volume down and the power button to turn off your Samsung Galaxy M51.
- Immediately press and hold the volume up + power button and as soon as Bootup Logo appears, release the Power key but don’t release the volume up key.
- You will be headed over to the Recovery Mode. There you need to Wipe All Data and then Reboot your Device.
- Voila! You can now enjoy the Magisk Manager and Install root Apps.
That’s it, now your Samsung Galaxy M51 is Rooted, you can now enjoy all root limited apps and take up the benefits.
That’s all for today’s post, keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates.