Asus recently launched its highly competitive flagship smartphone called Asus 6z. It is known as Asus Zenfone 6 is some countries but in India, Asus had to change its name to Asus 6z because of a lawsuit filed by Zen Mobiles. The Asus 6z specifications are flagship level but what makes it special is its 360-degree revolving camera. This article we will talk about the latest Asus 6z update and have an entire update timeline dedicated to it. You will also find the steps on How to Update Asus 6z so that you have no problem in installing the updates. So if you own an Asus 6z, you’re in the right place to find out if you have the latest software update installed.
Table of Content
- 1 Asus 6Z Specifications
- 2 Asus 6Z Updates Timeline
- 3 Latest Asus 6z Update 16.1210.1906.156 [Changelog]
- 4 How to Update Asus 6Z [Steps]
Asus 6Z Specifications
Asus 6z has some great flagship level specifications that you should take a look at.
|Display||6.4″ FHD+ LCD Display (Corning Gorilla Glass 6)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 855|
|RAM + Storage||6/8GB + 64/128/256GB (Dedicated microSD card slot)|
|Battery||5000mAh with 18 W Fast Charging. Supports Quick Charge 4.0|
|Front Camera||48MP Sony IMX586 + 13MP Wide Angle Lens with 125-degree field of view|
|Back Camera||48MP Sony IMX586 + 13MP Wide Angle Lens with 125-degree field of view|
|Android Version||ZenUI 6 on top of Android 9.0 Pie|
|Price||(6+64GB) EUR 499 = Rs 39,100(6+128GB) EUR 559 = Rs 43,800(8+256GB) EUR 599 = Rs 47,000|
Asus 6Z Updates Timeline
Since there is only one major update rolled out for the global version right now the timeline is small. This page will keep on updating with the latest Asus 6z update. You can find the steps on How to Update Asus 6z in the next section.
|Software Version||Download Link||Changelog|
1 July 2019
Android Pie 9.0
|Security Patch: June 2019|
Android Pie 9.0
|Security Patch: May 2019|
Latest Asus 6z Update 16.1210.1906.156 [Changelog]
- Enabled ARCore
- Improved Video Call Experience
- Camera: Enabled 8X zoom in Photo mode
- Camera: Removed the time limit for FHD video recording
- Optimized Screenshot Stability and solved bug related to screenshot functionality
- Camera: Added the function: to start/stop video recording with Volume Keys in the Camera app
- Camera: Improved Photo Image Quality on Noise Reduction
- Camera: Improved Camera Flipping Stability
- Updated Security Patch to June 2019
- Updated Translation Strings in Settings
Read More: How to Install Google Camera for Asus 6Z
How to Update Asus 6Z [Steps]
Method 1 [Steps]:
- Go to Settings -> About -> System Update.
- Go to Check Update.
- Agree with all the pop-ups.
- System Reboots
- Update is installed
Method 2 [Steps]:
- Go to Need Help? page of ASUS official website http://www.asus.com/support to download the ZIP file of the firmware. Make Sure you download WW file for World Wide i.e. Global Version.
- Connect the phone to your computer and transfer the file to your phone’s root directory of internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer and notification should pop-up in the notification panel.
- Tap ‘System File Detected’ notification and follow the steps to update the phone.
Note: You are solely responsible for how you handle your device. Please make sure you follow all steps correctly.
That’s it for this article. Stay tuned for more update based articles. Tell us in comments which smartphones need an updated timeline on Techburner.in!