It’s a pretty well-known fact that Facebook-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular in its market segment. The app is very easy to use and offers a lot more than just instant messaging. You can share images, and videos, have group video chats, voice calls, share your live location and even send money all in one app. Since almost everyone uses WhatsApp on a pretty much daily basis, you must have noticed that the app receives periodical updates from time to time. Whether you’re an iOS user or Android, keeping WhatsApp up-to-date as per the latest version is advisable to be the first one to access its new features. One such feature that WhatsApp has started rolling out recently is the ability to add location sticker on WhatsApp Status directly much like Instagram stories. So, in this article, let’s talk about how to add location sticker on WhatsApp status and you can be the first one to use this new feature!
Steps to Add Location Sticker on WhatsApp Status
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add a location sticker on WhatsApp Status in order to share the live location of your favourite picture in your status:
- Check if you have the latest version of WhatsApp via the Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS. If not, update it to the latest version first.
- Now, launch WhatsApp and select the Status tab.
- On the Status tab, click on the (+) icon in order to create a new WhatsApp status. Upload or capture a new photo or video to put on your status.
- Here, tap on the emoji icon and switch to the stickers tab.
- Under the header Content Stickers, you will find the brand new location sticker option.
- Once you click on it, you can either select the location manually or give WhatsApp permission to access your current location.
- You can now drag the sticker anywhere on your status and even click on it for multiple style options.
So, these were the simple steps on how you can add a location sticker to your WhatsApp Status. Just make sure you are running the latest version of WhatsApp on your smartphone. If it still does not show up, you can install the beta version or wait till your smartphone gets the update.
For more such interesting articles, stay tuned to TechBurner!