The Indian Government introduced FASTag to reduce vehicular traffic at the toll plazas. The government made it mandatory for all vehicles to use FASTag and pay tolls digitally using it by December 2019. FASTag is a simple reloadable tag that enables you to automatically deduct the toll charges and lets you pass through the toll without waiting. So below are the steps by which you can easily apply for FASTag online.
- Visit the official website of the bank ICICI, HDFC, Axis, or SBI who are authorized to sell FASTags.
- There seek the option – ‘Get Fastag’ or ‘Apply for FASTag’ and click on it.
- Now enter your mobile number and hit enter.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile, confirm it by entering the received OTP.
- Enter your personal details that are asked on the webpage and upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Click on submit and you will be redirected to a payment gateway page.
- Make your payment online and save a copy of your FASTag receipt and payment receipt for future reference.
- Voila! You have successfully applied for FASTag online.