We all wake up in the morning, usually, using Alarms. Gone are those good old days when we used to set alarm in actual alarm clocks. Now we set our Alarm in the Alarm app available in our mobile phones. The alarm tone is a very critical thing in our life. Think of yourself waking up to heavy metal music? Unless you’re a die-hard metal fan, can you survive that? On the other hand, think of a soothing simple natural tone as alarm tone. You’ll surely wake up refreshed and in a better mood! But let us be frank, the default alarm tones available in most phones are just not good. Also, they limit you! Now, this tutorial is on How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS!
Table of Content
The Google Clock App to set YouTube alarm:
The most phones coming without a custom skin include Google’s own Clock app for Alarms, Stopwatch, Timer, and World Clock. This Clock app is great. It’s lightweight, comes with a good materialistic UI. But we’re concerned about How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS right? This app kinda does it, but you need to pay. As of now, the Google Clock app supports Alarm tones using the Youtube Music premium app only. Disadvantage?
- You need an extra app: YouTube Music.
- You need the premium version of YouTube Music, else it won’t work.
Now if you have that, you can use that. But I prefer Gaana over YTMusic, so this ain’t my option. Not to be mentioned, Spotify just cannot cope up for Indian songs! There are very few of them available. Also, a few international songs ain’t licensed for India. In time, it will grow surely, but for now, a big no. For others like me, considering reading ahead.
How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS- Reveal:
To actually use this freely, you need an app, of course. Advantage?
- You do not need a premium version of the YouTube app.
- It works with the regular YouTube video app.
- You do not need root or some ADB difficulties.
- The app is available in the Playstore itself, so those of you who do not like to download APKs, you’re covered too.
- It also plays the whole video, in case you want a peek of Justin Beiber or Late Chester Bennington while you wake up!
So, the answer to How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS is this app: SpotOn Alarm.
How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS in the SpotOn Alarm App?
- Download the app from the below link.Download SpotOn Alarm From Playstore
- Tap on the “+” button below.
- Set the time, vibrate, snooze and other settings required.
- For the alarm tone, select the option “SELECT MUSIC”.
- Select “SEARCH YOUTUBE” then.
- Search for any song in the whole huge YouTube library! You read that right, any song or video!
- Select the video and that’ll be your alarm tone.
- When the time comes, the YouTube alarm will look like this:
How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on iOS?
For all the iOS users right now, this app isn’t available in the App Store. But the Google Clock feature is available. So for the iPhone users looking for How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS, the Google Clock is the only option with Spotify and YouTube Premium Music only!
So go on! Wake up funky and cool since you now know How to set a YouTube video as an Alarm on Android or iOS!