Lost your Android Device? Unable to find it? Google has something that can solve your problem. Google had built an application named Google Find My Device that can help you track your Android Device. Google Find My Device allows you to remotely control your device and it can be used to track, lock or erase all the data on your smartphone. All you need to execute this is another android device or a PC.
Google Find My Device is available to be used over almost every Android Smartphone and is the easiest option to get your phone back. Find My Device is a part of Google Play Protect, which is made to protect your smartphone from malicious apps and software. Here are the things that you would be requiring to find your phone with Google Find My Device.
Table of Content
Requirements To Find A Device Using Google Find My Device
- The lost phone should be switched on.
- You should remember the E-mail id and password of the lost phone.
- Location/GPS should be turned on.
- Find My Device should be turned on.
- The lost smartphone should be connected to the internet via Mobile Data or WiFi.
How To Use Google Find My Device on Android
Here are the steps you should perform to use Find My Device on Android:
- You are required to go to Google Play Store and search for ‘Google Find My Device’.
- Download the application that is shown first.
- Now, sign in with the same Google Account that was on your lost phone.
- Open the Find My Device application and then, choose your account and Continue.
- A prompt will appear, enter your password.
- Then, you will be able to see the location of all the devices having the same account logged in.
- Other device’s location will be shown with Green colour and your location will be visible as a blue dot.
- Now, you will see three options i.e. Play Sound, Secure Device, Erase Device at the bottom of the screen.
- Choosing the Play Sound option will make your phone ring even when it is in silent mode. This will help you find your phone if it is somewhere nearby.
- The Secure Device option will enable you to lock your device as long as you want. This option will show a message on the screen and a prompt to make a call to a specific phone number provided by you.
- Lastly, the Erase Device button has the power to permanently erase every single thing on your mobile phone. To erase the data, you may be required to log in again.
How To Use Google Find My Device on a PC
- You are required to go to https://www.google.com/android/find.
- Sign in with the same account that was on your phone.
- The procedure is the same as in the Android application that is mentioned above. (Step 6 to Step 8)
This would surely help you in finding your lost or stolen Android phone on your own. Also, using Google Find My Device is the easiest and quickest way to find any Android Device.
That’s All For Today. Stay Tuned To TechBurner For More Stuff.