WhatsApp has been controversial over privacy in the past few months. The government asked WhatsApp to be transparent over the details and follow all Indian terms and policies. Finally, WhatsApp has rolled out the WhatsApp payment option so you can now transfer money from person to person via UPI registered from your WhatsApp. Below we have mentioned how you can set up and get ready for WhatsApp payments.
- Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Select payments from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on Add new payment option.
- Choose your bank from the list then click on accept and continue.
- Make sure that the number you are using for WhatsApp is registered on your bank account to verify your account via SMS. hit the Verify via SMS button.
- Press Allow and again Allow to continue.
- WhatsApp will then verify your account, afterwards, you can hit the done button and finish setting up.
- Now you can send and receive money on WhatsApp. Also, you will get a payment option in the attachment option in chats to send money.