Google has announced beta testing for Android Q in some smartphones at the Google I/O 2019 Keynote event. 2 Beta versions of Android Q is already released for the Pixel smartphones. Now, the Android Q Beta 3 is released for 21 smartphones including OnePlus 6T. In this article, we are going to discuss how to install Android Q in OnePlus 6T.
Table of Content
OnePlus 6T Android Q Beta Update
With the help of Project Treble 15 smartphones of other manufacturers are now eligible for the Android Q Beta Testing. OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T both are eligible for the Beta testing of Android Q. OnePlus confirms that upcoming OnePlus 7 series will also get the Preview builds of Android Q after the launch.
How To Install Android Q In OnePlus 6T?
Before you install Android Q Beta version on your OnePlus 6/6T, make sure you backup all your important data. This installation process will erase all the data from your phone. Also, the battery should be above 30% and at least 3GB of storage is free on your phone.
Now if you have done that follow the simple steps written below to install Android Q in OnePlus 6T. The following installation process is similar for both OnePlus 6 and 6T.
1. Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the above link.
2. Copy the ROM upgrade zip file to the phone storage.
3. Go to Settings > System > System Updates > Click on the top right icon > Local upgrade > Click on the downloaded zip installation package > Select Upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
4. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
5. The phone will boot into recovery mode to format user data, it will reboot again after formatting.
6. Update successful.
Known Issues In OnePlus 6T Android Q Beta Developer Preview
We have answered how to install Android Q in OnePlus 6T, let’s now look at few issues. It is a developer build, it means there will be so many bugs here and there. Google is testing Android Q on all these devices and this is the early build of next Android Version. If you are using OnePlus 6/6T as your daily driver then you will not like this Android Q Beta. If you are good at flashing Custom ROMs then you should definitely try this OnePlus 6T Android Q Beta.
Here are some known issues present in the developer build. Most of the bugs will be solved in the upcoming software updates. OnePlus will provide OTA updates, not Google.
- Portrait mode in Camera does not work.
- Ambient Display is not working.
- System stability issues.
- Encryption will change in the next preview build
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release.
- The phone is slower than the stable build and buggy.
Oneplus 6T Android Q Beta Update Features
Android Q Preview build comes with many interesting features. Only 3 Beta versions of Android Q is released. Few more Beta builds are going to release in future. The final stable update of Android Q will full of exciting features. Here are 3 features you will get in the OnePlus 6T Android Q Beta update.
Google is focusing on Privacy and Security. Android Q allows you to control background location access by any app. Also, if any app is using the mic or camera it will show a notification.
AI plays an important role in the Android Q. It will automatically detect which settings or app you use the most and it will show you settings according to your using pattern. If the Flight mode is on and you open a browser then it will show a quick menu to turn on the Wi-Fi.
Easy Wi-Fi Sharing
Android Q brings the QR Code in the Wi-Fi sharing. It means now you no longer need to enter a password to connect to any Mobile Hotspot. Simply scan the QR code to connect to that Wi-Fi network.
Rollback To Android Pie
In case after installing Android Q in OnePlus 6T, If you don’t like the Beta build of Android Q and now want to install Oxygen OS based on Android Pie then follow these simple steps.
- First Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the above links.
- Copy the Rollback zip package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings > System > System Updates > Click on the top right icon > Select Local upgrade > Click on the zip installation package > Choose upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- The phone will boot into recovery mode to format user data, it will reboot again after formatting.
- Update successful.
Hopefully, you have got the answer of How to install Android Q in OnePlus 6T after reading this article. Hit that bell icon to get notified every time we publish an interesting new article.