In today’s day and age, it is next to impossible to live without internet connectivity. But, isn’t it annoying when the wifi connection dips in the middle of an important call or a Netflix watch party? One of the reasons this might happen is because of low internet speed. You can check your network speed by using a number of third-party apps and software both on PC and smartphone. But, this article is all about how to check internet speed from the Google homepage itself, natively, without any third-party plugins. So, let us check out this simple and effective method of how to check internet speed from Google homepage.
Check Internet Speed From Google Homepage
Google has partnered up with Measurement Lab (M-Lab) in order to check users’ internet speed right from its native homepage google.com. To run the test, Google will need access to your IP address but other than that no other information regarding how you use the internet will be revealed. The process is divided into five easy steps. Let’s go through them one at a time.
- The first step is to open any browser of your choice and go to google.com. You can do this on any compatible device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- In Google’s search bar, type ‘Run Speed Test’.
- A new dialogue box will now appear with a number of options such as ‘Internet speed test’, ‘In less than 30 seconds, check your Internet speed’ and ‘The speed test usually transfers less than 40 MB of data, but may transfer more data on fast connections’.
- From the list of options available, click on ‘Run Speed Test’.
- Now, just give it a couple of seconds, and it should display all the information regarding your internet speed such as download speed, upload speed, quality of connection, latency, location and more.
So, this was a quick trick on how to check your internet connectivity speed right from Google’s homepage itself without relying upon any third-party services. If you enjoyed this article, make sure to check out TechBurner for the more interesting stuff!