Poco F1 is one of the smartphones that disrupted the market with its price vs features ratio. Poco F1 is the device that gives its users a flagship-level experience with great specs. It created a great impact on the market and everyone was impressed with it. It was launched in August 2018 and with Android 8.1 (Oreo). In contradiction, MIUI 12 was recently launched by Xiaomi for its Mi, Redmi, and Poco Devices. MIUI 12 update on Poco F1 is now being rolled out. In this article, we will discuss Poco F1 new update download which will contain the process of how to download MIUI 12 on Poco F1. We will also discuss some features of Poco F1. So, without any further ado, let’s head into the article.
Table of Content
Poco F1 New Update: MIUI 12
Poco F1 has just started to get the latest update to MIUI 12 for the limited amount of users. Right now, people have started to report and share their screenshots of the MIUI 12 update on Poco F1. People are getting the update version v184.108.40.206.QEJMIXM and it points out that Xiaomi has intended it for devices enrolled in the global branch of MIUI. Also, a noticeable point is that the update is based on Android 10 rather than the latest one, which is Android 11. Now lets head to the changelogs of the Poco F1 New update.
Poco F1 MIUI 12 Update: Changelogs
There are many improvements that can be easily observed while using the MIUI 12 on your device. However, the main changelog is listed below, where you can easily check out new features:
- System-wide dark mode
- New User Interface
- Improved Always-on-Display
- Super Wallpaper in MIUI 12
- New Visual Effects
- Improved Gesture Effects and Controls
- Artificial Calling Feature
- Enhanced Privacy
There is much more to discover on a visual basis and user usage basis. All the changes you can easily feel and understand when you get your hands on the MIUI 12 on your Poco F1.
How to Download MIUI 12 on Poco F1
The update is being rolled out via OTA on the global edition of the Poco F1. You will get the OTA soon if you are on the global variant. To check, you can head to Settings > About Phone and find the build number. If the build number contains **MIXM, then you are having a global variant. If you are having the global variant then you can head to the settings and check for the software updates.
Moreover, you can download the recovery ROM from the below-mentioned link and install the update manually on your device. This Recovery ROM size is 1.9GB which you can download easily. For installation, follow the steps we have mentioned below.
How to Install MIUI 12 on Poco F1
After downloading this Zip file, follow the steps below for the Installation guide:
- First, Create a Folder in your Internal Storage Root directory as “downloaded_rom“
- If you have created the Folder properly, you will be able to see a Small Icon below the Folder denoting the Folder as a System Folder
- Now Move the Update Zip file to the Folder which you created recently
- After moving, head over to Settings > About Phone > System Update > Click several times to enable Advance Options > Click on the three Dot on top right > Click on choose update package > Head over to the downloaded_rom folder and select the MIUI 12 zip file
- Now the Phone will ask you to Reboot and Update. Reboot your Phone
- After Rebooting, your Device will be updated to MIUI 12 ROM
This process will work totally fine if you follow the steps carefully. If you face any problem, the comment section is always open for you. 😉
That’s All For Today. Stay Tuned To TechBurner For More Tech Stuff.