dutch text to speech
A passport is a necessary official document issued by the Government. It is provided to the citizens allowing them to travel across borders. You can easily apply for passport registration online. Your passport also acts as your identity proof as it contains private information like name, address, contact, date of birth, etc. In India, the passport is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs. An applicant has to apply online first and then book an appointment. For minors between 15 to 18 years, the passport is valid for 10 years till they are 18 years old and minors below 15 years of age get 5 years of passport validity till they attain the age of 18 years. Here is a brief guide for you to know the registration process as well as the minimum requirements.
How to Register for a Passport Online: Documents Required
Here is a list of all the necessary documents you need to apply:
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Birth certificate or any age proof
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card/Driving License
- Rent Agreement (if applicable)
- Current bank passbook
How To Register for Passport Online: Steps
- Visit the Passport Seva official website at passportindia.gov.in
- If you do not have a login ID then click new user registration
- Enter your full name, date of birth, login ID, and password
- Setup security questions and verify the captcha
- Log in-to your account and click on the fresh passport or reissue option
- Fill in all the details and click submit e-form after double-checking all your details
- Click on the view saved/submitted application option and choose pay and schedule appointment
- You will be asked to pay a fee, download the receipt after your payment is done
- Once this process is complete, you will receive confirmation through SMS
Must Read | iPhone 13 Pro Camera Review With Samples
Remember that the applicant must not have held a passport in the fresh passport category before. You have to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or regional passport office after the online process. You have to take all the required documents as well as the receipt to avoid any delay in your application.
After successful detail verification, your passport will arrive in about 30 to 45 days. If you have taken the Tatkal option, it takes 7 to 15 days.
That's All For Today. Stay Tuned To TechBurner For More Stuff.