Unfortunate accidents do happen sometimes due to no fault of our own. Nevertheless, we should be prepared for it. One such example can be stolen electronics such as smartphones and laptops which do contain sensitive information. While most of us know how to remotely lock our smartphone through Find My Device, did you know that you can actually locate and lock your lost Windows laptop via the same feature? It is pretty handy and very easy. So, read the full article to know How to Locate and Lock You Lost Windows Laptop.
How To Locate And Lock Your Lost Windows Laptop: Prerequisites
- Your Windows laptop must be linked to your Microsoft Account with administrator access.
- Location services must be enabled on your Windows laptop.
- A stable and working internet connection.
- Make sure you are using your personal Microsoft account since this feature does not work with a school/work account.
How To Enable Find My Device On Windows Laptop
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings App on your laptop.
- Go to Updates & Security.
- Turn on the toggle next to Find My Device.
How To Locate Your Stolen Or Lost Windows Laptop: Steps
- Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and sign in using the same Microsoft Account that you use on your laptop.
- Select the Find My Device tab.
- Now, choose the stolen or lost Windows laptop you want to locate and select Find.
- A map will pop up, showing your device’s location.
How To Remotely Lock Your Windows Laptop
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your device.
- Select Lock.
- Click on Lock once again in the pop-up.
- Once you have successfully located and locked your Windows laptop, you can reset the password for more security.
So, this was our quick take on how to locate and lock your lost Windows laptop. If you found this helpful, don’t forget to check out our website for more such tech articles!