Sony PlayStation 5 was one of the most awaited gadgets every gamer was waiting for. And it was worth waiting after all as it brings decent improvements and upgrades. One of the attention over upgrade was towards the PS5 DualSense controller. It came up in black and white color grading and high-quality material with 4D haptic feedback on the controller. Many of you might not have purchased the Sony PS5. There can be countless reasons for that yet the most common can be budget. However, if you game on your PC and want to control your PC games using this PS5 DualSense controller. Don’t worry, we got it covered. In this article, we will help you out and guide you on how to use the PS5 DualSense controller on PC.
PS5 DualSense Controller Features
The 5th generation of PlayStation aka PS5 the controller has got several new upgrades. We have mentioned them below to give you an idea about the features of your controller to give you a better understanding of the controller.
- Integrated triggers
- Motion Sensors
- In-built microphone
- USB Type-C port
- Built-in rechargeable batteries
- DualSense tech as the name suggests
- Haptic feedback
- Built-in Bluetooth.
How to Use PS5 DualSense Controller on PC
So being the 5th generation of Sony Playstation, there are a lot of features in the controller as we have already mentioned above. Talking about how to use PS5 dualsense controller on PC, we have two ways to do so. Below we have given all three methods with an easy follow guide. Make sure to use the one which suits you best.
Use PS5 DualSense Controller with Steam
Steam is one of the most popular stores for PC games. It lets you use your PS5 controller on your PC while running the Steam application. Below is the easy following step-by-step guide.
- Download and install the Steam application on your PC and open it.
- Now navigate to the top-left corner and click on Steam.
- Then head to the Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings.
- Connect your PS5 controller with a PC with USB(wired) or Bluetooth(wirelessly).
- After connection, Steam will notify you that the controller is plugged in or connected. It might even ask you to map the controls.
- If it does not ask you then select ‘Define layout’. Now map your buttons as per your preference.
- After all your tweaks are done, save the device with your easily identifiable name.
- Make sure to select the PS4 controller. [This will enable PlayStation button prompts on supported titles.]
- At last, head to the Controller Settings menu and check the ‘Generic Gamepad Configuration Support’ and ‘PlayStation Configuration Support’ boxes.
[Note: Make sure that it loads the Steam overlay, or the controller will not be recognized and might not work.]
Connect the PS5 DualSense Controller with PC via USB
As a pre-requisite you will need a USB Type-C to Type-A or USB Type-C to Type-C cable will also work as dualsense controller is USB Type-C based. Then you can just simply need to plug it into the PC and play.
Connect the PS5 DualSense Controller with PC via Bluetooth
If you don’t like to play in a mess of wires, then you can surely head to the wireless method. You just need a PC with but in Bluetooth for establishing a connection between your PC and controller. However, if your PC doesn’t have in-built Bluetooth then you can purchase a Bluetooth 2.0 wireless adapter.
- Make sure to turn on Bluetooth on your PC.
- Now press and hold the ‘Create’ button and ‘PS’ button for about 3 seconds till the light on the controller starts flashing to enable the pairing mode of your controller.
- Head to the Bluetooth settings on your PC from the action center on Windows 10 in others you can head to the control panel and find Bluetooth settings.
- Now select the Wireless Controller, type ‘0000’ as pairing code if asked.
- That’s it now your PS5 dualsense controller is connected to the PC via bluetooth.
That’s it guys for this post, keep an eye out on TechBurner for the latest tech updates!!