After much hype, speculation, and rumors, the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G is finally here. The FE here stands for “Fan Edition”, just like Samsung did with the previous generation Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. As far as the look and feel of the smartphone go, it resembles the original Galaxy S21 series. It has a familiar-looking contour-cut frame design and an elevated rear camera bump. Under the hood, it will ship with the Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 depending on which country you are in. In India, the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE will most likely come with the Exynos 2100 instead of the Snapdragon SoC. To know all about the specifications, price, and availability in India, continue to read below.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Specifications
- The smartphone comes with a 6.4 inch 2340×1080 AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate and also features an under-display fingerprint scanner.
- It has a triple rear camera setup featuring a 12MP main sensor with OIS, a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and an 8MP 3x telephoto lens. There’s also a 32MP front camera housed in a centrally-aligned punch-hole cutout.
- There’s also a new and improved Night Mode that captures up to 14 images at once and combines them into one single image to give you the best shot. In the native gallery app, there is also the new Google Pixel-inspired eraser tool that lets you seamlessly get rid of unwanted objects in your picture.
- It comes with a 4500 mAh battery that supports 25W wired fast charging and 15W wireless charging. In the box, however, you only get a USB type-C data cable and no power adapter.
- The entire smartphone will be powered by either the Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 SoC, depending on the geographical location. Both these processors are very capable and deliver flagship-level performance.
- Some other features include- IP68 certification, NFC, barometer, accelerometer, gyro, magnetometer, proximity sensor, and OneUI 4.0 based on Android 11 out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G Price In India
The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE has been priced at USD 699 globally which roughly translates to Rs.52,000 for the Indian market. The effective pricing may come down between Rs.45,000 to Rs.48,000; which will directly take on the likes of the OnePlus 9RT with similar pricing and specs.
The phone will be available in three storage variants- 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB, and 8GB/256GB. The phone will go on sale from January 11 and pre-orders have already started on the official Samsung website for the UK. The smartphone is expected to launch in India at the same time as its global launch.
For more such interesting tech content, stay tuned to TechBurner.